This month I’ve traveled over 20 days and been to 4 states.
Last night, as I was packing for a vacation in Mexico, I realized that there were a few things I should have elaborated on in my previous blogs.
Here are a few bonus tips:
1. Ensure all your documents are valid when it comes time to travel.
Set a reminder on your computer or phone 6 months before their expiration. I just recently learned that many countries will not accept passports that are within 6 months of expiration.
2. To save space, roll your outfits together by day.
If you pack two shirts for one pair of pants, put all the items together. Rolling takes up less space in a suitcase and putting outfits together helps you stay organized when you reach your destination.
3. Put your socks in your shoes.
Filling your shoes saves space. (For more shoes of course!)
4. I keep a toiletries bag put together that has travel size shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body spray, deodorant, hair product and toothpaste.
This way, these items are always packed and ready to go. I only have to add my makeup, brush and toothbrush to the suitcase the day I leave.
5. Try to wear your bulkiest shoes while you travel to save space.
(My sister the flight attendant says we should NEVER wear heels on the plane for safety reasons but I admit I don’t always follow this…..I’m wearing 4” heels as I write this on a flight).
Following these few simple tips should making packing for your next trip a breeze!
Mikaela Hicks is a Professional Organizer and Online Coach with Optimal Life Space. By day, she helps people transform their homes, offices, and bodies. When she's not removing clutter, you can find her writing, training for a marathon, working in her flower beds, or spending time with her granddaughter.